About Vitor Schietti
Vitor Schietti’s artistic work is dedicated to the visual representations of dreams and memories as building blocks of one’s identity. His motifs go from landscape to portrait, often applying long exposure, light-painting and multiple exposure techniques. Schietti has a Bachelor’s degree in Social Communication from the University of Brasilia (2009). He studied cinema at NYFA in Los Angeles (2010).
In 2011 he funded Colmeia, a photographic studio specialising in advertising, fashion and art photography in Brasilia, which continues to function through his former partners. He moved to Barcelona in 2017, where he was the manager of Espronceda Institute of Art & Culture, producing exhibitions and managing residencies until late 2020, when he returned his full dedication to photography and video.
Since then, Schietti has worked with clients in several industries in Barcelona and abroad, like in advertising, visual arts, music and dance, real state, pharmacy, events, teaching and so on.
He's passionate about rock climbing, cultural exchanges and the animal world, having funded The Vegan Utopia, a platform dedicated to explore and broadcast veganism towards a more empathetic world.
Awards and achievements
- 2021 Winner (BRA) Grande Prêmio Fotografe, First place on category Nature.
- 2016. Winner. (USA) Photo District News Annual Award on category “Personal”.
- 2016. Winner 1st place. (BRA) “How to contribute in a conflited world” Philosophy School Nova Acrópole.
- 2015 & 16. Honorable Mentions (USA) Fine Art - Landscape and Conceptual series and single entries at ND Awards.
- 2015-2021. Mentor. (BRA) Panelist at four editions of “Ossobuco” (event inspired by TED talks, currently on podcast format).
- 2011-2016. Panelist. (BRA)Panelist at several classes at the University of Brasilia. 2011 > 2022.
- 2014. Panelist. (BRA) Panelist at “Semester Opening 2014” by the Catholic University of Brasília.
- 2002 to present. Experienced rock climber (grade 7b+ french scale).
- 2021. Collective. Brasilia (BRA)Grande Prêmio Fotografe 2021. Escola Panamericana de Arte e Design de SP
- 2020. Collective. Barcelona (ESP) Catalonia, the two faces. Filippo Ioco Studio&Gallery
- 2019. Individual. Brasília (BRA) “Dreamscape”, Galeria XXX Arte Contemporânea.
- 2019 & 2021 Collective. Barcelona (ESP) Art Lover Ground #13 & #14. Espronceda Inst.Art&Culture and NauBostik.
- 2018. Individual. Barcelona (ESP) “Dreamscape”, curated by Valentina Casacchia, Espronceda Inst. of Art and Culture.
- 2017. Collective. Venecia (ITA) “Personal Structures”, GAA Foundation, Palazzo Bembo.
- 2017. Collective. Middlebury (USA) “Honoring Trees”, PhotoPlace Gallery in Vermont.
- 2016. Individual. Nigni Tagil (RUS) “Inconsistent Sculptures” at gallery Space Place.
- 2016. Individual. Brasília (BRA) “Brasilia”, by the Australian Embassy.
- 2015 & 16. Collective.Brasília (BRA) “Where the wave goes” (first and second edition), Museu Nacional o Conjunto Cultural da República.
- 2015. Collective. Brasília (BRA) “The emptiness and the inhabited”. At Referência Gallery.
- 2014. Collective. Gangtok (IND) “Brazil Meets Sikkim”. At Conexus project, curator Sheila Zago.
- 2014. Collective. Brasília (BRA) “Amongst Artists”. At ECCO Gallery, curator Cristophe Degraeuwe.
- 2013. Individual. Brasília (BRA) “Thought Forms”. At Espaço Chatô Gallery.
- 2013. Collective. Brasília (BRA) “American Journey”. At “Objeto Encontrado” Gallery, curator Ralph Gehre.
- 2011. Individual. Cabo Frio (BRA) “3rd Photographic Marathon of Cabo Frio”.
- 2009. Individual. Brasília (BRA) “City of Light”, at Livraria Cultura mezanine.
- 2008. Collective. Brasília (BRA) “Brasília Open Sky”. At the square of “Museu Nacional da República”.